- This event has passed.
Casual Debate while Dining in Paris
23 November, 2022 @ 19:00 - 22:0035.00€
On Wednesday 23rd of November we invite you to join our first “Casual debate while dining in Paris” event. For 35€ you can enjoy a lovely two-course dinner + wine in the company of fellow Cambridge Alumni from 7pm onwards at the Carmine Café. A casual debate will be organised with details provided closer to the date, it will be designed for fun and open to all!
3 options will be proposed for the main dish:
- Filet de bar, tian de legumes et purée maison
- Bavette à l’échalotte, frites maison
- Risotto de légumes à la crème de cèpe (vegetarian)
2 options for dessert:
- Crème brûlée vanille de Madagascar
- Mi-cuit chocolat et glace vanille
To register and select your menu, go to the ticket section below.
Casual debate organisation
At the start of the evening, following a quick “ice breaker”, we will vote and select one of the following topics:
- Democracy is dead
- Decarbonisation should be top priority for all companies and all people
- One global cryptocurrency should replace all traditional currencies
After 5-10min to mingle and reflect on the selected topic all those with arguments in favour of the statement will be invited to share their thoughts. Then the main dish will be served and all those with arguments against the selected statement will be invited to share their thoughts just prior to deserts being served. At the end of the evening, we will wrap up and elect the winning side.
Please note that the last registration for this event will be on November 16th as final numbers have to be communicated to the restaurant the following day.